If you have been arrested or detained by police or you have been convicted of a criminal offense (even if you have been charged and found not guilty) then you may have been denied entry into the United States. In recent years crossing the border with an arrest record or criminal history has become perilous. Furthermore non-US Citizens are routinely refused entry if they have used illegal drugs or have suffered from past mental or physical health issues.

Fortunately, it is possible for most people to overcome their history and regain admissibility into the United States – provided it is handled properly.  Making these applications requires that the applicant follow specific filing procedures and failing to do so can cause delay or outright rejection of the application and can make success on future applications more difficult.

If you believe that you are inadmissible to the United States, or if you have been denied entry, please feel free to contact our office for a free consultation.

We are proud of our very high success rate in cross-border waiver applications. This is due to our careful assessment of your situation and only proceeding where we believe there is a substantial likelihood of success. Once we decide to represent you we support your application with comprehensive legal submissions that address how your application should be granted.

We have successfully obtained a Waiver of Inadmissibility for our clients despite their having a lengthy criminal record and numerous serious charges. We recently obtained a Waiver for an applicant who had numerous serious criminal convictions in Canada and had been incarcerated in federal prison in the United States.

Don’t trust this delicate process to just anyone. Rest assured that at Steele Law your application will be handled by a qualified lawyer who understands the intricacies of cross-border law ensuring your application is afforded the care and professionalism it deserves.

We also assist U.S. Citizens who have been denied entry into Canada due to previous arrests or conviction records.

If you would like to discuss your situation please feel call our office for a free consultation. We can work with you regardless of your location.  Let us help you.